It is the end of my second week in CSC 104, and since these blogs need to be written weekly I do not have a lot of news to report. I am a bit worried that the class is getting a little bit more complex, especially for someone who is not in the computer science disciplines, such as me. When I say this I am referring mainly to the exercises for the second quiz which do not seem, on a first view, as straightforward as the exercises of the first quiz. To be fair, however, I have yet to do any meaningful work on them, so my hope is that by working on them I will be able to understand them better.
Apart from that, class today was fairly interesting. I particularly enjoyed the demonstration of the bits transmission message. I thought the idea on the part of the professor was brilliant, far better than just explaining the concept using words, or the occasional slide. It was an original approach to explaining how the process works and how much harder and sower it must have been prior to the invention of computers. Well worth the walk in the extreme cold.
No comments:
Post a Comment